Premiere March 30, 2018 at L'Hermine, Sarzeau
" I started from a feeling, the one I feel when I am far from my island, Reunion Island. For this choreographic piece, I look at what we share, what we give to each other when we feel this nostalgia. This feeling of regret of past or distant times, to which we associate pleasant sensations, is here the starting point.
I wish to treat this theme not from my own history but by using this feeling as material to question the relationships that exist between space and time and our own identity constructions. Today I consider myself a citizen of the world. For me, nostalgia for the land and language is ambiguous, complex and sometimes dangerous. NOSTALGIA is for me the journey of three individuals wandering in turbulent space-time.
How does this feeling of nostalgia fit into our bodies? How do our bodies reflect this partial memory, whether individual or collective?
In the end, three interpreters on stage to address the question of uprooting, nostalgia, scars inscribed in our flesh. "
— Jody Etienne
Choreographer Jody Etienne
Interpreter Jody Etienne, Robin Lamothe, Mathilde Rance
Artistic advisor Catherine Diverrès
Lighting designer Jean-Marc Segalen
Original music composed by Simril Lennert
Sound Engineer Adeline Mazaud
Set designer advisor Nadège Renard
Production manager Aline Berthou
Production Compagnie In Ninstan
Co-produced by Danse à tous les étages, Scène de territoire danse en Bretagne – Rennes/Brest, Le Mac Orlan – Ville de Brest, L’Hermine, Scène de territoire pour la danse - Sarzeau, Golfe du Morbihan – Vannes Agglomération.
Aids and supports Le Quartz – scène nationale de Brest, le Centre National de la Danse – Pantin et Lyon, Le Vallon – Ville de Landivisiau, La Chapelle Dérézo – Brest, La Gare, Fabrique des arts en mouvement – Le Relecq Kerhuon, Association Les Pieds Nus – Brest, la SPEDIDAM, Réservoir Danse - Le Garage – Rennes ; les dispositifs Tremplin - parcours d'auteurs chorégraphiques et DanSCe Dialogues 2 - Spectacle Vivant en Bretagne.
NOSTALGIA is supported by the DRAC Bretagne, the Conseil Régional de Bretagne, the Conseil départemental du Finistère and the City of Brest.
Adami helped finance the technical production of the promotional film. Adami manages and promotes the rights of performers in France and throughout the world. It also supports them financially for their creation and dissemination projects.
• From 10 to 15 April 2017 at Le Quartz - Scène nationale de Brest
• From 15 to 20 May 2017 at the Centre national de la danse de Lyon
• From 26 June to 1 July 2017 at Le Quartz - Scène nationale de Brest
• From 18 to 23 September 2017 at Mac Orlan in Brest
• From 2 to 6 October 2017 at L'Hermine - Espace culturel de Sarzeau
• From 23 to 28 October 2017 at Mac Orlan in Brest
• From 26 to 30 March 2018 at L'Hermine - Espace culturel de Sarzeau
• September 30, 2017 at Espace Kéraudy, Plougonvelin (Le Voyage - excerpt)
• November 17, 2017 in Brest -- presentation of a working stage in the framework of the Tremplin Project at the Quartz Dance Studio, Scène nationale de Brest
• March 30, 2018 at L'Hermine - Espace culturel de Sarzeau -- PREMIERE
• 7 April 2018 at Mac Orlan, Brest